Honda Valve Guides

1 reply to this topic
  • JetPilot

Posted April 12, 2004 - 02:29 PM

While looking up the parts to rebuild my 93 XR600R, the only valve guides are listed as Guide, Valve(OS) What does the OS mean ? I assume oversized, but i dont even see an option for standard size... Do they even make oversized valves ? Should I even replace the valve guides on a rebuild ? This one has me stumped.... Any input would be appreciated.
_________________________________________________________________________________
"NO FEAR" If you have no fear, you didnt go as fast as you could have ...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SFO

Posted April 12, 2004 - 03:02 PM

I would suggest that a good m/c cylinder head shop manage the rebuilding of your head.
I would suggest KMPI components as they are thoroughly proven in this application.
I would also suggest either Eric Gorr or Mike at EDCO.
Both stand up guys capable of fully refurbishing your head.
I believe the oem replacement rockers now com with a hardened pad on the cam follower so hardfacing is not required.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.