EMM needle / de-octopus

1 reply to this topic
  • Littlefoot

Posted May 08, 2002 - 07:28 AM

I'm not looking for a big mid-range hit, looking for smooth power from idle and up.

About to de-octopus and set my carb to Taffy's jetting specs., including the APJ mod., and ordering the PAJ-screw. Apparently I can leave my start jet at 60 and set my PA(J)S to whatever number I desire?

If I were to order a range of pilot jets, mainjets, main air jets, and starter jets, any suggestions?

What's the part number for the EMM needle?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bill

Posted May 09, 2002 - 01:21 AM

LF,

Look at the jetting in my signature. I have been working with Taffy on this configuration and have the bike running awesome but, will try to lean the PJ circuit some more.

Sudco # for the EMM= KE 017.261

I just called Sudco (talked to a brittish guy) and told him I had an FCR and needed the following sizes:

MJ=155, 158, 160
MAJ= 160
PJ= 38, 35
PAJ= get the screw (KE 021.230) and spring (KE 021.235) (infinite adjustablity)

You might also want to check out the post on the WR side titled jetting and suspension.

Bill

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.