Dealer Holdback, and other Dirty Secrets

3 replies to this topic
  • Freezer

Posted May 21, 2001 - 08:07 AM

Anyone know of a place to find invoice prices, dealer holdback percentages, and other tricks of the retail motorcycle trade?

I've found them before for automobiles, but I can't find them for bikes.

We all want to make sure we're paying a "fair" price for our toys!

Freezer

• Bike_Pilot

Posted May 21, 2001 - 01:08 PM

Hey Freezer! Found this link a while back. http://www.cyclecost.com Info is not free. As I recall they charge $10.00 for the print out. I had a friend request the numbers for an XR650r. Retail was $5600.00 and invoice was $5199.00 if I recall correctly. Hope this helps!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bill

Posted May 21, 2001 - 01:41 PM

Freezer,

I can tell you that the "mark up" on bikes varies fom classification of bike i.e. MX, Touring, Sport, etc, etc.

Hope this helps?

Bill

------------------
97 KDX220, 86 TTR225, 99 WR400f, WR timing, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. De-octopussed. Works frame guards and Thumper Rad Guards, Scotts steering damper. Odometer and headlight removed. Cycra Pro-Bend hand and mud guards. YZ stock tank, IMS seat and number plate. Renthal Jimmy Button "highs" and Renthal Soft half waffle grips. AMA, SETRA, Happy Ramblers MXC, Rausch Creek MXC, Tower City Trail Riders.

• MN_Kevin

Posted May 21, 2001 - 05:33 PM

I remember reading in a rag a while back that the race bikes have the least mark up. Street bikes and parts is where the the money comes from.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.