another wr to yz timing

4 replies to this topic
  • gal

Posted May 07, 2002 - 10:37 AM

when i adjusted my friends 99 wr400 valves i also changed his timing to yz timing. i guess i did it well cause the bike started on first kick . but i want to b sure i did it right - how do u guys count the 12 links , from where to where ? (i counted from the 12 oclock on the exhaust to the 12 oclock on the intake....

and one more thing - what if ill change the timing on my yz 1 tooth clockwise? like on the wr to yz timing , as it on 9,12,3 on both cams....

• John_Lorenz

Posted May 07, 2002 - 10:50 AM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNTT
TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

:)

[ May 07, 2002: Message edited by: EgoAhole ]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • gal

Posted May 07, 2002 - 10:53 AM

iiiiiiiiiiiii
wwwwwwwwoooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnttttttttttttt,
bbbbbbbbbuuuuuuuuuutttttttttttt wwwwwwwwwhhhhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyy??????????????

• John_Lorenz

Posted May 07, 2002 - 11:02 AM

Gal
I posted a simular question, regarding the timeing. The manual says to have the TDC at the [I] with the cam lobs at say 11 oclock 1 oclock

two other manuals I look at say to align the to divits flat with the case Remember Posted Image
Remeber we talked about that.

What I found after talking to a old tuner bud of mine is this
1: Unless you establish the timing of the cams with a degree wheel follow the YZ manual
2: dont worry about the divits being out of place
3: follow the manual (YZ)

the diff is a high and low spot on the cam and the divits. I would not recomend moving the cams at all for the yz....

• gal

Posted May 07, 2002 - 11:23 AM

okokokokokokok got the idea , wont touch it man .
thanks

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.