New 00 WR400F/What sould I pay ??

4 replies to this topic
  • logg

Posted May 21, 2001 - 06:24 AM

I have found a (new) 2000 Wr400f in a Yamaha showroom. What should I offer for it? I have just sold a 00 YZ426f and wish to replace it with a new bike. Will I notice a big power difference going to a WR400? Will I be satisfied with a WR? Any help please.

• Bill

Posted May 21, 2001 - 07:01 AM

In November of 99, I paid $1000 less for my 99, than the SRP. Considering there was no significant change like 400 to 426. I would think, you could get as good of a deal.

97 KDX220, 86 TTR225, 99 WR400f, WR timing, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. De-octopussed. Works frame guards and Thumper Rad Guards, Scotts steering damper. Odometer and headlight removed. Cycra Pro-Bend hand and mud guards. YZ stock tank, IMS seat and number plate. Renthal Jimmy Button "highs" and Renthal Soft half waffle grips. AMA, SETRA, Happy Ramblers MXC, Rausch Creek MXC, Tower City Trail Riders.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MN_Kevin

Posted May 21, 2001 - 10:18 AM

Without the "YZ Mods", You will notice a tremendous difference.

You'll need to
1 - trim the throttle stop
2 - Go to YZ timing
3 - airbox lid (?)
4 - modify jetting to your heart's desire
5 - do something with the stock exhaust

suspension will be different, seat/tank ergo's much worse.

'99 WZ with ALL YZ mods, de-octopused, DSP Doug Henry airbox w/ velocity stack, FMF PowerBomb header, Stroker SX-1 silencer, SS front brake line, forked over by Pro-Action (and then fixed by me), OEM YZ tank, IMS YZ seat, carb mods by Jim Dean, Andy in OZ, & Sir "Taffy" from Jolly Old England, AMA, NESC.

[This message has been edited by NH Kevin (edited 05-21-2001).]

• Dave_B

Posted May 21, 2001 - 03:59 PM

I bought a new 00 WR400 in February of this year. The asking price in season last year was around $7400-7800. All the used 00 WR's were around $5800-6300 I paid $6100.00 brand new Canadian dollars. That's about $4,026.00 American. (note the 426 in American dollars :))

• Bryan Bosch

Posted May 21, 2001 - 06:42 PM

I bought a friend of mine a 01 wr 426 at the end of March and it was $5,699 out the door in Portland, OR.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.