Any used rear rotors out there??

6 replies to this topic
  • Jason_in_KC

Posted May 07, 2002 - 07:49 AM

My rear rotor has a decent bend in it..wondering if any of you guys have a cheapy used one laying around collecting dust. Might try to tweak on it a little but rather just replace it...01'YZ426.
Email at
Thanks in advance. Jason

• edareus

Posted May 07, 2002 - 08:32 AM

Good luck! The only used rear rotors laying around will be bent ones. I smacked a rock at Chadwick about a month ago and bent mine just a little. Don't notice it riding and when I priced a new one I decided that I wouldn't notice it! :) :D

• MOmilkman

Posted May 07, 2002 - 08:43 AM

Chadwick has claimed more bike parts than all the riding areas in the US put together. :)

Ive been riding with 2 bent rotors for 2 years now. It feels weird wheni get on a bike with rotors that arent bent!

Bike shop dealers would go out of business if Chadwick ever closed down.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Jason_in_KC

Posted May 07, 2002 - 09:59 PM

This was a Milford Lake rock, I can spin the wheel while on the stand, it slows the wheel pretty good when the bent portion rolls through the brake pads. I was given a tip on getting it close to straight again..
Hey Mr. House, reminder, KC group headed your way on the 18th of this month..should be at the Cobb Ridge/KC Day use area..all the way back where 101 starts right from the end of the parking area.
If anyone does come up w/a somewhat straight rotor, let me know. Thanks.

• edareus

Posted May 07, 2002 - 10:32 AM

Going to Chadwick this weekend. If my bike is on the stand the bend is noticable but doesn't stop the wheel. The cheapest rotor new I could find was around 90 bucks. I think mine won't hurt anything for a while.

• thumpsalad

Posted May 07, 2002 - 11:04 AM

Don't know if they are any good, but Titax front and rear brake rotors for the 400 and 426 are $50 at Rocky Mountain!

• edareus

Posted May 07, 2002 - 11:16 AM

Thanks for the info. Right now they are out of stock on my year. I will keep checking there though. 50 is sure shy of 90!

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.