YZ 450 GREY/BLUE wire mods

4 replies to this topic
  • revolucien

Posted April 11, 2004 - 07:45 AM

ok i did the searches and after looking at 50 pages or so and going to the thumper faq site i still don't have the answer. what are the affects of both grey and blue wire mods on a '04 YZ 450? is it as dramatic as to older models? are there factory adjusments made to the '04 that make these mods ineffective or even damaging to my ride?

• revolucien

Posted April 11, 2004 - 07:52 AM

Also same ? on the TPS mod

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cowboyona426

Posted April 11, 2004 - 09:25 AM

The grey wire mod only applies to WR models. The blue wire mod disconnects the neutral safety switch (NSS). The NSS lowers the voltage the CDI puts out to the coil when in neutral, so doing this mod is supposed to make starting easier. The TPS mod just consists of disconnecting and taping up the TPS connector on the carb, and is supposed to remove a dip in the power curve and give you a few more ponies. None of them are going to damage your ride :)

• Jayre

Posted April 11, 2004 - 02:41 PM

So what is the purpose of the NSS? Do you just unplug the wiring harness and replace the plug at the case with the trick looking billet piece?

• Jayre

Posted April 11, 2004 - 04:08 PM

Okay, I found the answer to my own question here
http://www.thumperfa...m/blue_wire.htm

I guess I should have looked harder first. :)

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.