Odometer (replacement) spacer for front axle..Who else sells them?

8 replies to this topic
  • MN_Kevin

Posted May 21, 2001 - 05:34 AM

Other than Yamaha, anyone else sell the spacer that pops in place of the odo, on the front axle?

------------------
'99 WZ with ALL YZ mods, de-octopused, DSP Doug Henry airbox w/ velocity stack, FMF PowerBomb header, Stroker SX-1 silencer, SS front brake line, forked over by Pro-Action (and then fixed by me), OEM YZ tank, IMS YZ seat, carb mods by Jim Dean, Andy in OZ, & Sir "Taffy" from Jolly Old England, AMA, NESC.

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted May 21, 2001 - 05:51 AM

Kev,
I just did mine, used Yamaha parts, Under $30, Super light and a perfect fit, 10 min install. Why bother with anything else??

• jj

Posted May 21, 2001 - 06:07 AM

http://www.flatlandr...pacer65770.html

:)
JJ

• mcarp

Posted May 21, 2001 - 06:38 AM

Kevin-

I use the Flatland racing spaver. They look fantastic. BUT, they are heavy! Just about the same weight as stock odo. They fit perfectly. A quality part, but no weight savings.

So Mike68 is right, why bother with anything except the stock YZ parts? Light, cheap (well cheaper). You can't go wrong.

I now use Talon hubs, which have their own lightweight spacers. Very neat-o!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mikeolichney

Posted May 21, 2001 - 08:47 AM

I noticed that Terrycable had spacers on their website, I think they advertised them as not falling out, to make tire changing easier. I think the website is terrycable.com

• MN_Kevin

Posted May 21, 2001 - 10:23 AM

On Ronnie's microfiche, I see I need:
1 - Oil seal, part # 93102-26468... $4.35
2 - collar, part # 5BE-25186-00-00.. $17.42

All other parts are identical.

------------------
'99 WZ with ALL YZ mods, de-octopused, DSP Doug Henry airbox w/ velocity stack, FMF PowerBomb header, Stroker SX-1 silencer, SS front brake line, forked over by Pro-Action (and then fixed by me), OEM YZ tank, IMS YZ seat, carb mods by Jim Dean, Andy in OZ, & Sir "Taffy" from Jolly Old England, AMA, NESC.

• WR_Rider

Posted May 21, 2001 - 01:14 PM

is yours damaged?
why not plug the odo spacer you have and use that? i stuck one of those plastic vacum caps on my '99WR 2 years ago and it worked just fine.
just a thought...
Chuck

• Bill

Posted May 21, 2001 - 01:39 PM

The YZ spacer and seal make for a very clean installation. The YZ combo also offers a reduction in un-sprung weight :)

Bill

------------------
97 KDX220, 86 TTR225, 99 WR400f, WR timing, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. De-octopussed. Works frame guards and Thumper Rad Guards, Scotts steering damper. Odometer and headlight removed. Cycra Pro-Bend hand and mud guards. YZ stock tank, IMS seat and number plate. Renthal Jimmy Button "highs" and Renthal Soft half waffle grips. AMA, SETRA, Happy Ramblers MXC, Rausch Creek MXC, Tower City Trail Riders.

• MN_Kevin

Posted May 21, 2001 - 05:37 PM

Purchased the OEM stuff through Ronnie's. Had them throw in an UFO front number plate (white) for my thumper. Total damage was $51.00 including shipping.

I think their shipping is not based upon weight, as UPS does charge, but by dollars and cents, like J.C. Whitney does. This is the ripoff way.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.