base valve removal , or using air gun(egoahole)

5 replies to this topic
  • gal

Posted May 06, 2002 - 10:21 PM

i just replaced the fork oil and opened the base valve with airgun and 14 allen bit. the problem is that i can use torque wrench when i tight the base valve back to place , how do u guys tight it to the spec. when u use air gun ? i just tighten it not so tight but not so loose (with feeling) and put a small amount of loctice , any comments?

btw , same thing with the clutch basket nut, when i moved to the p.e billet clutch basket...

• freestyle111

Posted May 06, 2002 - 10:38 PM

if you put bike in gear and hold rear brake you can use torque wrench on clutch basket.

• wylie1

Posted May 07, 2002 - 06:04 AM

What fork oil did you use? And what oil height did you use? I have a couple of quarts of mobil 1 ATF I was thinking of using, but now I am not sure. Also I want a softer ride so I assume more oil means stiffer ride and less means softer. Is this right?

[ May 07, 2002: Message edited by: wylie1 ]

[ May 07, 2002: Message edited by: wylie1 ]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • John_Lorenz

Posted May 07, 2002 - 06:32 AM

Wylie

Use a fork oil not ATF :)

I have used Yamalube .05wt for the price of the yamaha 01 30 bucks I said forget it.

Depending on your wt, plus prefreance I would use the 05 wt, you can spend more money and get 03 or 02.5, but since I am cheep and change oil alot I use yamalube .05.

set the oil hieght right at 300mm ((OPPS :D Imean 130mm)) and decomp at 7 clicks rebound 6

Gal

I have not yet taken the forks apart so I can not advise yet, I believe Motoman has and others :D

[ May 07, 2002: Message edited by: EgoAhole ]

[ May 07, 2002: Message edited by: EgoAhole ]

• gal

Posted May 07, 2002 - 10:47 AM

thanks and i used silkolene 5wt oil , and set the oil level on 130 mm. after u finish the oil replacement u can use a siringe with a hose to add or to remove oil frm the bleeding holes as u like .

• John_Curea

Posted May 07, 2002 - 10:52 AM

set the oil hieght right at 300mm and decomp at 7 clicks rebound 6

Now that IS interesting.....

Take Care, John

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.