Quick speedo verification please!

4 replies to this topic
  • heliosstudios

Posted April 11, 2004 - 04:59 AM

Hi, can anyone quickly verify this speedometer is the correct style and is unmodified for a 1995 XR600R? TIA!

Posted Image

• Roll_it_on

Posted April 11, 2004 - 05:13 AM

The XR600R did not come with a speedometer from at least 1989 and up from the factory. It came with a resettable trip odometer only. That appears to have been added by someone who wanted a speedometer.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • heliosstudios

Posted April 11, 2004 - 08:50 AM

That is what I thought, wanted to verify some weasel was really trying to sell one with incorrect mileage! Sneaky... Thanks.

• smashinz2002

Posted April 11, 2004 - 05:46 PM

Well, first of all, a) XR600 of that year did NOT come with a speedo, :) back when they did come with speedos (1984-85?), they did NOT look anything like that thing in the pic.
And Most importantly, the speedo's with a circled "55" were LONG gone by 1995!
So what you have there is something that was not included on any XR600R's of any year.

• smashinz2002

Posted April 11, 2004 - 05:49 PM

HEY!! I just remembered where I have seen a speedo like that! That looks like it's from a 1980-1981 Suzuki TS100, TS125, TS185, or TS250. Yep, I'm pretty sure thats what that speedo came off of.
Oh yeah, and to answer your other question, yes, it IS modified, as there should be a re-settable tripmeter in the blank area near the top there.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.