04 wr 450 - lightest exhaust system

3 replies to this topic
  • eastcoastguy

Posted April 11, 2004 - 03:51 AM

want to shave weight on my wr. can you save a lot of weight with the exhaust, silencer, or silencer and header.

• mtrablue

Posted April 11, 2004 - 04:14 AM

you can save 3 to 4 pounds with a differant can. that's weight up top also. i don't remember anyone posting current numbers for each brand. FMF Q, P.C. 496, WB E2. anybody have current weights? those are 96db cans, the louder race cans are probably a bit lighter yet.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • The_Blue_One

Posted April 11, 2004 - 07:36 AM

I don't think you'll shave any weight replacing the header but the difference between the stock slipon and the procircuit slipon was alittle over 4 1/2lbs. I will weigh the e2 and post the weight tomorrow. :)

• SBK

Posted April 11, 2004 - 09:23 AM

I have some weights on a couple pipes, for what it's worth. I bought Bill's old PC496 pipe and currently have it on my WR. I also have a Muzzy Full Ti system, but haven't yet mounted it. Here's some data:

7lb 15oz - Stock WR Pipe (no insert, rear half)
6lb 4oz - Pro Circuit PC496 Slipon
4lb 3oz - Muzzy Ti (can + Ti midpipe, 5lb 1oz for the full system!)

The Dirt Rider 4-Stroke Pipe Shootout article (click here) also lists mass numbers for all of the exhausts they tested. It included the FMF Q at 5lb 14oz, FYI.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.