I want honda brakes

9 replies to this topic
  • Dansgarage

Posted May 06, 2002 - 05:36 PM

I have been told that to get front brakes as good as the honda has that I need to get a front master cylinder and brake routing like the honda. Have the honda's brakes always been this good. I have been looking on e-bay and there is a complete front assembly from a 94 cr. does this have what I want? thanks for your help guys!

• Hootna

Posted May 06, 2002 - 08:44 PM

You can probably come fairly close by getting an aftermarket brake line and running it Honda style. Also change out the brake pads, try using stock Honda pads. Use some good brake oil like Motul. I tell you what when I hop off my CR and get on my YZF it feels like there is oil on the rotors. I have an oversized EBC floating rotor kit on my Red ride and man it is 1 finger stopping at its best. :)

• Cobra314

Posted May 06, 2002 - 10:06 PM

Get a Fastline brake cable...makes all the difference in the world!!!

• fastkevin

Posted May 07, 2002 - 04:14 AM

I have a DSP line and EBC pads on my YZF, and feel that it stops better than my (ex) CRF.

• eddiec103

Posted May 07, 2002 - 09:46 PM

I HAVE A BRAKING WAVE ROTOR KIT AND A FASTLINE BRAKELINE ROUTED HONDA STYLE AND MY FRIEND HAS A HONDA AND RODE MY BIKE AND SAID THAT THE BRAKES WORK BETTER THAN HIS

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Fireball

Posted May 07, 2002 - 04:30 PM

Dansgarage,
I tried to email you today with pics & explaination of what I did. Buy a Fastline CR routed line & a 2001 CR 250 complete assembly. bout 150 for all. It ends brake problems. I did this over a year ago. It ends brake problems.

• Dansgarage

Posted May 07, 2002 - 07:42 PM

fireball-
what do you mean a full assembly? Do you mean buy a honda master cylinder and fastline brake line and use my old caliper? How about honda pads, I'v been told to get those too?

• Ga426owner

Posted May 08, 2002 - 04:49 AM

Dansgarage, there is nothing wrong with your mastercylinder. Buy Fastline CR routed cable & Braking Wave rotor w/ pads & use Motul Brake fluid. You will have better than honda brakes..........
make sure you anchor the brakeline to the lower fork guard or you will destroy the brakeline.

1finger brake setup -- this is the set up!

• Mark_UK

Posted May 08, 2002 - 07:12 AM

brakes make u weak :)

• Fireball

Posted May 08, 2002 - 05:07 PM

use your caliper. Honda master cylinder. fastline cr routed hose.

works for me. no complaints from my rider, and believe me... all i heard till i did it was... "dad... these brakes suck!"

Related Content

Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.