Hot Cam, YZ or WR 450 Exhaust cam for 426

5 replies to this topic
  • kevs_wr426

Posted April 10, 2004 - 03:38 PM

G'day guys,
I've read as much as one person can handle on the yz forum, I own a 02 WR426 and I have the above options to go for. I'm not a pro rider , but love singletrack and snotty hills. This will be the first time I'm gonna strip the motor and I've looked at the pics etc, but don't know if hotcams is just a matter of lining up the punch marks and do valve clearence and done. If you guys have the number of chain pins between dots for wr, yz, and hotcams that should help heaps. I don't really want the bike to have to much more of a hit, just auto decomp and spread of power would be great, so any reccomendations on which one to go for would be help heaps.
Cheers
Kev

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted April 10, 2004 - 05:20 PM

I beleive they only make one auto decomp cam :) Its right in the middle between yz and wr timing. Good low and mid range, I like mine. The dots line up like stock wr. Add about .25mm to the shim and you'll be right in specs. Makes a easy starting bike, and no more brake stall :D

• kevs_wr426

Posted April 11, 2004 - 11:06 PM

Sorry Mate I may of confused you. What I actually meant was get the after market hotcam or get the standard 03 yz exhaust cam or get the standard 03 wr exhaust cam.
Cheers

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Matt96xr6

Posted April 12, 2004 - 06:03 AM

If you like what you have, get the YZ cam. They are cheap compared to the hotcams. It will give you more low end grunt (on a YZ bike) and about the same everywhere else.

• YzMiKe400

Posted December 01, 2010 - 09:27 PM

[COLOR="DarkGreen"]

so i got a 99' yz 400 and its a B@$#*:thumbsup: to start and i want to know if hot cams would work with a yz 400:thumbsup: any advice would help thanks alot...:blah:

[/COLOR]

• SJMC_DON

Posted December 02, 2010 - 09:02 PM

[COLOR="DarkGreen"]

so i got a 99' yz 400 and its a B@$#*:blah: to start and i want to know if hot cams would work with a yz 400:thumbsup: any advice would help thanks alot...:ride:

[/COLOR]

Really.... a 6 year old thread? :thumbsup:

Call or e-mail Hotcams they are quick to respond and will tell you exactly.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.