Fork Oil Weight

2 replies to this topic
  • Jayre

Posted April 10, 2004 - 03:03 PM

Just wondering what fork oil weight everyone is using in the YZ450s for woods riding/hare scrambles. I lowered mine the other day to 130mm. But, the oil seemed pretty thick, so I was thinking of changing it.

Thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RichB

Posted April 10, 2004 - 06:13 PM

If you're going to buy an off the shelf oil use a 5w. You can always use the KYB stuff at the yamaha dealer which they call 0w. I just started using amsoil 5w and really like the feel but I've also used Bel-ray for years and had good luck w/it although it does require changing a little bit quick then some higher dollar stuff.

• fatmancantfly

Posted April 11, 2004 - 03:31 AM

I lowered mine to 130 and use PJ1 5 weight. Feels better/plusher than the stock oil. I'm going to try PJ1's 2 1/2 weight next time I get to the bike shop.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.