Submerged my bike....help!
Posted April 10, 2004 - 12:00 PM
Posted April 10, 2004 - 12:08 PM
Posted April 11, 2004 - 06:02 AM
Posted April 11, 2004 - 01:41 PM
Posted April 11, 2004 - 11:30 PM
Keep dry dave
Posted April 12, 2004 - 11:22 AM
Posted April 13, 2004 - 09:01 AM
1. If you suspect engine is hydro-locked, don't try and crank until you check the air box for water.
2. remove air filter and check for any dirt in carb before turning engine over
3. stand bike up on end to drain water from exhaust
4. remove spark plug
5. turn engine over til water is no longer spraying from spark plug hole
6. remove as much water as possible from air filter
7. dry spark plug with a lighter or matches and reinstall
8. good luck
9. change oil as many time as necessary to remove any trace of water.
I think as long as you do the oil changes, don't ride bike too far with contaminated oil and ensure it has no dirt or other contaminates in the carb, you'll be OK