Thinking about the Ultimate MX Hauler

22 replies to this topic
  • mx hauler

Posted June 02, 2009 - 08:11 PM

Depends on what type of bike you will be using it for.?? 210lbs or 375lbs??

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Demo_Slug

Posted June 03, 2009 - 12:12 AM

Would one of these be too heavy for a Jeep Wrangler's suspension?

you'll probably snap your Dana 35 in half. I'd recommend you swap out the axles before you drive it. :crazy:

but really, do you have a YJ or a TJ, do you have a lift? what type of rear bumper or hitch mount do you have? I would not use any of these racks on I hitch that is not rated for at least 500lb tung weight. these racks create a cantilever load on your hitch. the leverage multiplys the force that the hitch is going be subjected to. there are a lot of bumper hitches for wranglers that don't tie into the frame very well. they just thru bolt into the rear of the frame which is weak.

• whiplash433

Posted June 04, 2009 - 03:52 PM

i have a TJ with a 3" lift and spacers. Not sure what type of hitch mount but i've launched boats with it
When the ultimate mx hauler is in the lowered position, are the tires on the ground?

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.