E-series melts fender?

3 replies to this topic
  • Brandon

Posted December 08, 2000 - 12:01 PM

Im considering buying a white bros E series silencer for my WR426. Is it true that the silencer will melt your fender? what can u do to prevent this? should I rejet with this silencer and airbox lid off? Also I've heard this silencer performs well with 10-12 discs. Has anyone experimented with 15-18??

Thanks for your Help!

WR426 Power!

• Bryan

Posted December 08, 2000 - 12:07 PM

I have an e series on my 1999 WR400. I also have the guard that protects your fender from the disks. I've had no problems and love the pipe.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bill

Posted December 08, 2000 - 12:34 PM

Clark Mason one of the resident technical experts has done testing and if I remember correctly 14 was about the max.

I also run a E-Series with 12 discs and have not burned the fender. There is some discoloration (jetting related), but no melting.

86TT225, 98CR80, 99WR, WR timing, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. Odometer and headlight removed. Moose hand and mud guards. YZ stock tank and IMS seat. Renthal Jimmy Button "highs" and Renthal Soft half waffle grips. AMA, SETRA.

• Mark_M

Posted December 09, 2000 - 08:27 PM

I am running the E series, also with the "mud guard" - it is an accessory they sell to go on exhaust unit to deflect hot exhaust away from fender and keeps mud off the discs. It works fine. I am running 6 discs with OK results, it is loud enough with 6. Also, I would remove airbox lid and go with stock jetting first before I change anything. See how it works. If it seems a little lean with new pipe you may want to try 48 pj and 175 main. That is what I am running but I have fouled a few plugs.
Good Luck.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.