jumping a 426?

3 replies to this topic
  • SMP01

Posted May 05, 2002 - 07:45 PM

Im thinkin of gettin a 426 but i dont know how good they jump. Has anyone here hit a ramp on one. Im just wondering because my dad said if u dont land with the throttle on, the engine breaking will cause u to go over the handle bars.is this true?

• Boit

Posted May 05, 2002 - 08:22 PM

If you are looking for a bike strictly as a "jumper", you might do better to consider a 2-stroke. The 426 is a motocross weapon and probably not the best choice for freestyle. Landing a 426 without the throttle on won't necessarily spit you over the bars, but it could if you are too far forward and the idle is set low. Think of it this way, try landing ANY bike with the rear brake applied moderately.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • thumper4life

Posted May 06, 2002 - 03:49 AM

lol, look at his name, smp

• fastkevin

Posted May 06, 2002 - 04:18 AM

I sponsored a kid in a 125 class last year, and he was also an avid freestyler. I let him take my 426 out at the big track at Elsinore (outdoor style with some big hits), and he flat ripped on it. He commented that it was actually easier to jump than the 125-which I agree. You've got some good torque, so wringing the piss out of it(like a 125) is not needed. Also, they seem to have a better "attitude" in the air, and they're harder to loop.
You really should ride one to form your own opinion however..

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.