Bill's place in June...What kind of bikes are going?

27 replies to this topic
  • MN_Kevin

Posted May 20, 2001 - 02:52 PM

For those of us lucky enough to be going to Bill's June 15,16, what types of bikes OTHER THAN WR400/426's will be there?

I would love to sling a leg over a 125/250 mx'er (even Jeff's 250 4-smoker!) for a few laps around the MX track!

For those of you that have never ridden a 125 MX'er, once you get over the lack of bottom end, and the necessity for high revs, the light weight is something to behold! In the air they are so easy to maneuver and a lot less tiring then our 270# beasts. I was amazed.

'99 WZ with ALL YZ mods, de-octopused, DSP Doug Henry airbox w/ velocity stack, FMF PowerBomb header, Stroker SX-1 silencer, SS front brake line, forked over by Pro-Action (and then fixed by me), OEM YZ tank, IMS YZ seat, carb mods by Jim Dean, Andy in OZ, & Sir "Taffy" from Jolly Old England, AMA, NESC.

• Bill

Posted May 21, 2001 - 12:55 AM

mcarps buddy has a KX250. You know after riding my sons KDX around our track. I was instantly faster. Made me start to think about buying a 2-smoke for the track. I'm going to YZ time my bike first and see if I can, lighten up the bottom.

I think I would be faster on the track with less bottom end and a bigger hit in the middle.

Time will tell????

97 KDX220, 86 TTR225, 99 WR400f, WR timing, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. De-octopussed. Works frame guards and Thumper Rad Guards, Scotts steering damper. Odometer and headlight removed. Cycra Pro-Bend hand and mud guards. YZ stock tank, IMS seat and number plate. Renthal Jimmy Button "highs" and Renthal Soft half waffle grips. AMA, SETRA, Happy Ramblers MXC, Rausch Creek MXC, Tower City Trail Riders.

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted May 21, 2001 - 02:18 AM

You guys sound like a couple old ladies :D :)

01 426 beat to snot
1997 Golden Retreiver
smelly sneakers
smoke runs in my undies

• MN_Kevin

Posted May 21, 2001 - 02:59 AM

Listen here Sonny Boy, I remember when gasoline was 27.9 cents/gallon and milk was .69 cents/gallon. Those were the days we walked to school, uphill, both ways barefooted IN THE SNOW cuz we were so po.

I may be 40, but that don't mean I can't have TEMPER TANTRUMS!

DON'T GET ME GOIN' SONNY BOY! Don't you have some cleanin' to do??

'99 WZ with ALL YZ mods, de-octopused, DSP Doug Henry airbox w/ velocity stack, FMF PowerBomb header, Stroker SX-1 silencer, SS front brake line, forked over by Pro-Action (and then fixed by me), OEM YZ tank, IMS YZ seat, carb mods by Jim Dean, Andy in OZ, & Sir "Taffy" from Jolly Old England, AMA, NESC.

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted May 21, 2001 - 03:16 AM

You need some prune juice, you sound all bound up.

• mcarp

Posted May 21, 2001 - 04:29 AM

You "old guys" crack me up.

Kevin, it's about 60% sure my buddy w/ a 2000 KX250 will be there. Also, a 97 CR250 may make it's way as well. I've ridden both and both seem soft powerwise compared to my WR. Yes, the weight can be felt, but honestly it feels like I'm faster on the WR.

Kevie, I've never ridden a 125 before. Go figure. Would be fun to give one of these bad boys a spin :)

• mcarp

Posted May 21, 2001 - 05:28 AM

Hey Bill-

Have you raised your forks and shortened the wheelbase yet? What kind of tires do you have? Are they shot? Why are you faster on a KDX? How are your brakes? Can you keep the throttle on longer with the WR vs. the KDX?

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted May 21, 2001 - 05:54 AM

Thats Waaayyy too many questions for Bill. I can see the smoke pouring out the ears right now. :)

• Bill

Posted May 21, 2001 - 01:48 PM

I haven't raised the forks but, I did lower the triple clamps. I also haven't shortened the wheelbase but, did put a larger rear sprocket on and didn't shorten or is it lengthen the chain. No one has shot at my 739's, yet! This thing has brakes???? On what???? :)

Bill :D

• AngryCandy

Posted May 25, 2001 - 03:45 AM

I'll be there definately on Saturday at TowerCity and hopefully on Friday at R. Creek, also.

yz250f....yes, you can take it for a spin

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted May 25, 2001 - 04:06 AM

Took a wr250 yz timed for a spin yesterday.
I am sure a lot of the guy's will want to ride it for a couple laps.

• MN_Kevin

Posted May 25, 2001 - 04:21 AM

I would love to Steve! Heads Up: I do not speed shift AND I use the clutch. I never got into abusing my bike since I had to pay $$ for the abuse. I just got into abusing my body.

(Exploratory) surgery, 5/24, found real bad stuff going on inside my left knee. Doc' said arthritus EVERYWHERE and knee is deteriorating. He said I have the knee of a 60 year old man. That's nice! :)

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted May 25, 2001 - 05:05 AM

Ya have to ride it before you can abuse it :)

• MN_Kevin

Posted May 25, 2001 - 11:45 AM

I got something you can abuse, Mister Smarty Pants! :)

• Bill

Posted May 25, 2001 - 02:14 PM

Don't know if touch Kevins reply Mike :D

Hey Kev, going to be able to ride? Only 3 weeks to go, hope you can make it!

Line forms to the rear to ride Angrys bike :)

[This message has been edited by Bill (edited 05-25-2001).]

• MN_Kevin

Posted May 25, 2001 - 02:19 PM

I'll be there Bill. Might as well have fun before they cut my knee out!

• mcarp

Posted May 28, 2001 - 03:19 PM

Can't wait to ride that YZ250F :)

Guys, this is going to be fun!

I've almost talked another guy with a KTM250EXC (formerly WR400_Jay on this site) from Cincinatti into going. I believe he is from New Hampshire originally.

So there's potential for me ('00WZ400), YZ426, KX250, CR250, KTM250 to come from Ohio. My prediction is only I'll be there, but we'll see...

• Bill

Posted May 28, 2001 - 03:31 PM

Come on Jay :) We promise not to make fun, of the only KTM :D

I'm getting stoked, been working hard at the track. I'm going to see if I can keep up with "Air" Mike :D

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted May 29, 2001 - 03:26 AM

Don't confuse the guy's. I am not that fast.
I have been crashing a lot latley so my confidence has dropped a little. I only ride the track in 3rd. I don't want the guys to think I am a nut like the guys ripping through the mad ruts at glenn hellen.
Saw that Saturday night. Those guys are sick and scary fast.

• MN_Kevin

Posted May 29, 2001 - 11:17 AM

I could have sworn you told me that you could ABSOLUTELY SMOKE Tim Ferry, especially on a severely rutted track.

Didn't you also say the deeper the ruts, the faster you are...??? :)

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.