nuetral saftey switch removal

7 replies to this topic
  • BtB22

Posted April 09, 2004 - 11:11 AM

has anybody taken off the neutral saftey switch instead of just removing the blue or grey wire??? if so what happens???

• YZFan

Posted April 09, 2004 - 11:20 AM

do a search on the topic you should find all you need.

• 426_Texan

Posted April 09, 2004 - 11:36 AM

replace it with this

• Boostn

Posted April 09, 2004 - 12:42 PM

yep, I removed mine since I broke it :D Oh well, replaced it with that cover. Its nice. Also one less wiring mess to deal with :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Matt96xr6

Posted April 09, 2004 - 05:30 PM

What happens?

Same thing as disconnecting the wires! But you lose about .5-1 pound in the process!

• Rick_Kienle

Posted April 09, 2004 - 08:15 PM

Removing the neutral switch only disconnects the blue wire. You still have to disconnect the gray wire at the harness near the CDI. You get one less gaggle of wires (in which only the blue wire is functional), a little weight loss, and a trick looking plug instead.

• revolucien

Posted April 11, 2004 - 07:56 AM

cool link, thanx. the full removal rather than cutting a wire and replacement with something cool is enough incentive to go do it

• Satch0922

Posted April 11, 2004 - 10:25 AM

Dr. D siteglass

Posted Image

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.