What to do with old tires

9 replies to this topic
  • audiodude

Posted April 09, 2004 - 05:05 AM

Well, the worn-out knobbies are starting to pile up in the garage (along with the frequency of spousal glares). Today was the big Spring clean up day where our garbage men take away all you extra crap, but they refused to take the tires. What do you guys do with your old tires?

• mx426

Posted April 09, 2004 - 06:35 AM

Take them to your local Firestone or Goodyear one evening. That's what everyone else used to do when I worked there. I have a local shop that will dispose of them for me.

• Boostn

Posted April 09, 2004 - 09:42 AM

make them into snow tires. :D

http://home.cogeco.ca/~gyro/ :)

• sirthumpalot

Posted April 09, 2004 - 09:46 AM

Find out if there is a hazardous waste dump in your local area. We have one that I know for sure takes things like chemicals, oil + filters, batteries, electronics, etc... I never tried to take a tire there, my pile is still growing in the garage. Give them a call, hopefully they will take them. :)

• Boostn

Posted April 09, 2004 - 12:41 PM

what about local bike shops? wouldn't they take ur old tires? If u have to pay, well, dump em and dash :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RichBaker

Posted April 09, 2004 - 01:20 PM

In Arizona, there is a surcharge for disposal on every tire sold. I'd ask the dealer you buy them from about it....if you mail-order, you're SOL. Take them to the dump......

• Unibomber

Posted April 09, 2004 - 02:10 PM

Throw'em on top of your trailer :D :D
Thats what alot of people do with their car tires around my town, yikes, I guess it keeps the roof on ?? :)

• RacerDad

Posted April 09, 2004 - 07:06 PM

I throw them in the trash bins at the construction sites. Some guys come and take them out depending on the condition??

• crayztwentyseven

Posted April 09, 2004 - 10:06 PM

Try squezzing in the middle of them and have a friend push you down a hill! :) :D :D :D :usa: :D

• mxcowboy

Posted April 10, 2004 - 05:23 AM

Throw them in your truck the next time you go riding and leave them on the side of the trail, Somebody will pick them up.
:)Just Kidding Guys.

Take them to your bike shop and pay the price to have them disposed of properly

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.