Starting The beast

5 replies to this topic
  • Ranger_426F

Posted May 03, 2002 - 05:41 PM

I have seen alot of post dealing with starting a 426. I can only speak of my bike "stock 02 YZ426F'. I have had mine for a month or so.. and have not had a problem. I watched the Yamaha web site starting procedurs, and I took note when my salesman showed me hoe to start it. I have since learned by trial and error that I need to give the Blue Beast 2 blips before the 1st kick, and she fire right up. If I have been ridig and want to restart after stall just kick' if that dosent work pull the hot start and repeat. I hav no prob with my 426. Ridw ON.

• thumper4life

Posted May 04, 2002 - 04:26 AM

lol, my hot start doesn't work for me :D
i kick it prolly 4 times with it out after a wreck and a stall, and it don't start. i push it back in, fires up 1st kick :)

• thumperdan10

Posted May 06, 2002 - 02:05 PM

thumper4life i have the same effect , i pull the hot start out kick 3 times push hot start in and then she lights up again .

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • AintSkeerd

Posted May 06, 2002 - 02:19 PM

I noticed you are from Fort Lewis, Washington. I used to ride on the Fort Lewis property when I was a teenager. The tanks made great dual track and berms. I was pretty wild watching tanks blast down a dirt highway. One day, I was putting my riding gear on, getting ready for a ride and a whole platoon marched right by me. As the last guy marched by, I said to him, "how's it going", he said "not bad". I about had a heart attack. A few weeks later, some friends got arrested by the MPs and their bikes were impounded. So much for riding at Fort Lewis after that.

• AintSkeerd

Posted May 06, 2002 - 02:25 PM

Oh. I should say I'm 43 now, so I hope that the statute of limitations has run out and I'm not in trouble now for riding on military propery way back then.

BTW - Some of guys I rode with back then were putting xr motors in cr frames. One guy had a cr125 frame with a xr200 motor. He could really cruise on it. They were all connected with Burien Honda, near Seattle. Only ten minutes from the Brown Brothers at BBR in Renton. Maybe there's a connection.

• thumper4life

Posted May 06, 2002 - 02:26 PM

does anyone have an idea why this is happening? :)

Related Content

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.