Seal savers

9 replies to this topic
  • tirebiter

Posted April 08, 2004 - 03:40 PM

I know, there's a lot of pro's and con's about the benefits of Sealsaver's. I've been running them for over a year now on my (gasp!) KTM360EXC, and recently installed them on my 650r. THe main bugaboo bout the 650R is overheating, right?
Squat down in front of your bike, TRY to see your radiator. No dice? Big ugly accordion forkguards in the way? With the sealsavers in place, you can view about 75% more radiator surface area, translates into more air flow to your radiator. Spent the last year cookin' the KTM before I installed the sealsavers, ain't gonna happen to the 650.
If they happen to provide better protection for your seals, that's a plus!

• Ed_Buratti

Posted April 14, 2004 - 02:09 AM

I'm also happy with mine on an 01 XRL650. I bought from SRC. I also bought the fork guards. They complete the look and protect the neoprene from roost. They should last forever. While you're at it, get the fork brace. That made a huge difference.

• Clumster

Posted April 14, 2004 - 06:18 AM

I too bought the SRC fork brace, fork guards, and seal savers. However, I could not get the brace on over the seal savers without the brace looking as though it was going to cut the neoprene. Mine is an 04 XR650L. How did you put the seal savers and fork brace on? Did you also have to leave the brake line bracket loose for the guard to travel on the left side?

I love the brace!

Fun Ridin'! :)
Mike in KC

• SaltyWalrus

Posted April 14, 2004 - 10:57 AM

How about some pictures of these seal savers so I have a clue what you are talking about?

• tirebiter

Posted April 14, 2004 - 02:06 PM

Here's theisite
http://www.sealsaver...age_ID=1&DID=19

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ed_Buratti

Posted April 20, 2004 - 05:30 AM

I just used the fork brace to clamp the bottom of the seal savers to the fork. No ripping. Mine have been on for about 2 years.

• TimBrp

Posted April 20, 2004 - 06:37 AM

THe main bugaboo bout the 650R is overheating, right?
Squat down in front of your bike, TRY to see your radiator. No dice? Big ugly accordion forkguards in the way? With the sealsavers in place, you can view about 75% more radiator surface area, translates into more air flow to your radiator.

How true..never thought of that... :)

• loufish

Posted April 20, 2004 - 05:26 PM

My 2 cents...I keep my "old" fork boots on to help keep the fork leg from getting small nicks in them from small rocks, and debris that I sometimes get blasted with. I have several friends with XR650's also, and coming up the back end of these bikes can hurt! It seems a shame to sandblast my fork legs with this type of stuff...

• AZ Thumpdaddy

Posted April 21, 2004 - 02:26 AM

I run the savers as well with the fork brace. As for the botoom of the forks, I run the Berg carbon fork guards from www.bergracingusa.com. They look great and protect the legs from BRP roost. :)

• qadsan

Posted April 21, 2004 - 07:22 AM

My bike sounds like a twin of Thumpdaddy's bike. I too have the neopreme fork guards, SRC brace, carbon fiber bling, etc. Looks kool - bling bling :)

Related Content

Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  29 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.