z-start for a 99 400

6 replies to this topic
  • yzf400man

Posted April 08, 2004 - 03:19 PM

ya ive been hearing all this awesome stuff about the z-start and thaught id look in to it. so far i have only looked at rekluse and it doesnt show them having a z-start for my 400 is there a company that makes them for my bike?

• Fastest1

Posted April 08, 2004 - 05:03 PM

Pm Youngwerth. He is the owner of Rekluse. There are other options. EFM and Revloc both offer auto clutches, I dont know about for a 400 but maybe. The Rekluse is the least expensive and most people seem to like them alot. I have an EFM that I bought used and it has worked great, in fact better than I imagined. It does have a few weaknesses since I dont run the lever.

• Sean_McCutcheon

Posted April 09, 2004 - 01:35 AM

I checked rekluse for a buddy of mine that has a 2000 WR400F and they don't have one for his, so I would say they don't have it for yours either. EFM might and they are only $100 dollars more then rekluse. Revlock will set you back about $900. Check out www.efm-billet.com

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • LJ

Posted April 09, 2004 - 05:29 AM

I sent Rekluse an e-mail asking about a z-start for the 400 and this was his response:

"At this time we do not have a clutch for this model please check back with us around the first of summer.

• yzf400man

Posted April 09, 2004 - 10:56 AM

thanks guys. ill look in to efm and rev-loc. i didnt think rekluse had one but thats cool. from what everyone tells me these auto clutches are the way to go!

• robg

Posted April 09, 2004 - 04:40 PM

I talked to emf and they said that they can do the switch on my 2000 wr400 so I emagine it would be the same for a yz, It is the same price as reckluse, but they need some parts sent to them to modify them for your clutch.

hope it helps

• pscJoey44

Posted August 19, 2004 - 03:18 PM

Did you ever get this clutch installed?

Who did you use, still no clutch from Rekluse yet?

Related Content

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.