739 AT ?

4 replies to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted April 08, 2004 - 07:26 AM

Anyone use Dunlop's 739AT desert? I use a S12 140 on the rear, thinking about a 120/100 for summer. Hows the traction and wear? :)

• tp3dxf

Posted April 08, 2004 - 08:27 AM

I have used the 739AT in the past. It's a good tire. It didn't chunk out in the dez rocks and hooked up pretty good. I got about 500 miles out of mine. The only draw back on these tires is the price. A little steep if you ask me. I now prefer the Maxxis IT. It's a great tire very durable and a much better deal then the Dunlop.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kirkw

Posted April 08, 2004 - 10:05 AM

I have used a 739 AT in the past and liked it. I have a 756 on the rear now, but prefer the longer lasting 739. I did not notice much difference in traction between the two. Like the post above, many seem to have good luck withthe Maxxis IT, which will be my next try.

• jwriott

Posted April 08, 2004 - 10:15 AM

I ran 739D's for quite a while. I think they skate around too much and are a little pricy. I'm kinda hyper with the throttle and tear up tires fast. I usually got around 350 miles out of it and the knobs do not chunk, just wear down.

I am now running the Maxxis IT like the guys in the other posts in a 120 width and it's a tougher tire. I got almost 600 miles out of the last one and they are much cheaper through RMMC.

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted April 08, 2004 - 07:37 PM

Thanks that what I needed to know. I only get about 300 miles out of a rear before it goes away, heavy on the trottle also. I seem to allways have a fairly new hard rear tire on at the start of mud season :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.