WR400 Free Mods

2 replies to this topic
  • Wrfrk

Posted April 08, 2004 - 07:00 AM

OK, so I know people are going to say run a search. Before you start thinking that way let me say that I have. What I have found has not really been specific enough to know what the heck everyone is talking about. So, what I would like to know is, what are all these free mods that I can do to my '00 WR400?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tcmII

Posted April 08, 2004 - 09:01 AM

Take a look thumperfaq.com. You should be able to find all you need there. If not, let me know and I will point you to specific locations.

The list is pretty straight forward:

Must haves:

Remove the air box cover.
Un-cork the exhaust and keep in mind the 96Db (94Db Michigan) rules for where you ride.
Throttle stop modification.
Adjustable pilot screw.

Could do:

Disconnect Grey wire.
Re-time the exhaust cam.
JD jetting kit (I just installed it and haven't gone riding yet. Lots of very positive posts here for the JD kit.)

As I said above all of this can be found on www.thumperfaq.com or right here in the TT forum.

P.S. I bought the ZY throttle stop from the dealer and the ZipTy Pilot Screw from the TT store and, unfortunately, they don't fit the 1998 WR400. If you need them, send me a PM and let's see what we can workout. They are both brand new.

• Wrfrk

Posted April 08, 2004 - 09:21 AM

Well the bike I have has had a bunch of stuff done to it and I am trying to contact the old owner to find out what he did exactly. If I need any of those items you have then I will let you know and we can work something out. Also, that thumperfaq site says it's for the F250's. Is there any reason I should think that the stuff there does not apply to the 400 as well, thanks.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.