this should be yzf anonymous

85 replies to this topic
  • Shawn_Mc

Posted May 09, 2002 - 11:26 AM

If the thing will run for half an hour and THEN foul the plug, it almost HAS to be the float level. Have you tried riding the thing for the half hour or so and then pull the plug to see what its like? If it looks fine after running it, and then it gas fouls while sitting, the only way it can get fuel is, either the float level is too high or the float valve isnt sealing up properly. I wish you all the luck in the world with this, I cant even imagine how pissed off Id be with a brand new bike if it acted like yours.

• John_Lorenz

Posted May 09, 2002 - 11:31 AM

Ya know after I re-read all the posts, there are some good repsonces and bad..

Mike, People are trying to help, Man get off the mountain and relax

4.26 Man that was not Nice at all dude
:D Did that come from me

Sounds to me like ya just are pissed off at the yamiha and noithing we say or do here will sway you.

Just sell the beast and buy a cannondale,, or bettre yet a ktm Then come back and bellie ach :)

• Mark_UK

Posted May 09, 2002 - 01:07 PM

i forget where the spark plug is on my bike,,,, do they actually have spark plugs?
i thought it was a bit like a diesel motor,

i guess i should take my plug out and have a look sometime,,,,, but to be honest i cant see the point ,,, the bike is nearly 4 years old , starts first time hot or cold and never misses a beat

u sure u dont work in the Honda marketing department? :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • John_Lorenz

Posted May 09, 2002 - 01:09 PM

common we all know that the british Air there is so clean......

Your goffin us huh

• Ian_M.

Posted May 09, 2002 - 01:40 PM

Just to fill some of you in, my bike had the exact same trouble he is having and the dealer found to have a faulty electrical system from the factory. it wasnt the float level , or the blue wire, or the BK mod , etc... some of the bike's might be that way but it didnt help mine any way shape or form until the dealer had it for a week, and now the bike runs and starts better than it has ever before. My friends i ride with new the trouble i was going through chasing my tail around on the carb and getting nowhere. when all along it was a electrical problem. anyways maybe he has the same thing wrong my as my bike did its only 2 monthes old. later

• Tommy_Gun

Posted May 14, 2002 - 07:19 AM

I'm curious if you got your bike fixed or not. I called the Service Manager and told him your bike would be back for repairs. Hope it's taken care of.

Related Content

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.