this should be yzf anonymous

85 replies to this topic
  • oldnbold

Posted May 08, 2002 - 06:19 AM

Mike Nyqueist, check your pm. I may have a solution for you as I know another who has identical symptoms.

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted May 08, 2002 - 07:07 AM

. "Good luck at the dealer just be nice to him...I have the same problem I have a wicked evil temper too. People are way more helpful when I don't rip their heads off. It has taken years to relize that. I am sure he will be willing to help. He doesn't want to loose a future customer."
Trust ME.......I work for a major airline and I can tell you one thing for sure!
Screwing with me
Lying to me
Pissing and Moaning to me
Trying to BS me
Being an AHOLE to me
Trying to intimidate me
None of these work AT ALL!
If someone tries these tactics with me.......I WILL screw with you!
Whether it is charge you for something that I could have OVERLOOKED ....(excess baggage/overwt bags/etc) If you are nice it WILLL get you a LOT further with me than trying to threaten me (directly or indirectly) If you want to call my boss because I am being strict about the rules........I will guanatee he will stand behind me %100 if you act or i tell him you are a jackass.
I guess my point is dont try the tough guy attitude.
I used to try this thinking I was macho and they would respect me. That is .......until I started workin with the public and saw my reaction to these DIp schmidt tough guys!

[ May 08, 2002: Message edited by: THUMPIN' ROCK HUCKER ]

• MXOldtimer

Posted May 08, 2002 - 07:12 AM

Mike I live in Clackmas as well (Eagle Creek) I bought my 426 from Action and the bike came Jetted correctly. I got my 250F from Power and it also came jetted right. I haven't had trouble starting either bike so you could have a problem but ranting wont get you anywhere. I've cracked 2 tanks and Action replaced both no charge so give them a chance to take a look at the bike. Maybe we could get together at Albany SX this weekend and I could take a look at your starting routine or I might be able to give a few tips. First forget about anything you know about 2 smokes, it doesn't apply as far as fouled plugs, my place is a grave yard of fouled plugs from years of 2 smokes. My 426 had the same plug for 14 monthes, I'm starting my 7th month on the same plug with the 250F. If you can't make Albany, Washougal has a practice day next Wed. starts at 11:00 - 7:00

• Shawn_Mc

Posted May 08, 2002 - 11:13 AM

My bet is still a bad can of fuel.

• Kermit

Posted May 08, 2002 - 05:27 PM

Maybe his bike just doesn't like him.

• Mike_Nyquist

Posted May 08, 2002 - 06:41 PM

Thanks for the info oldNbold.
I would meet up with you old timer but my bike is in Action Motorsports shop right now. If I put a new plug in my bike I can start it on the first or second kick, its when I ride it for an hour, put it in the garage, and come back the next day, the plug is shot. I know enough about bikes to know that something terribly wrong is happening.
I'll let you guys know what ACtion Motorsports says.

One more thing, I don't have a bad temper, I could sit in a restauraunt and the waiter could spill hot coffee all over me and I would still leave a tip, you could rear end my truck and I wouldn't care much, but when I buy A new bike that fouls plugs like this thing dose, it's rediculis. All I can do is hope they find something at Action MS.

• Mike_Nyquist

Posted May 08, 2002 - 06:44 PM

oh yah, the first plug was fouled with the gas the dealer put in the bike. The fallowing plugs where fouled with pump super unleaded. Chances are that I didn't get two batches of bad gas.

• MXOldtimer

Posted May 08, 2002 - 08:10 PM

Originally posted by Mike Nyquist:

ruvved the motor and hit the kill switch and shut it off.

Why are you doing this?
If I read it correctly, you rev up the engine then hit the kill switch till the engine dies? 426's have pumper carbs, "every time" you twist the throttle running or not you send fuel to the cylinder. When you rev up the engine and hit the kill switch all you are doing is killing the spark and at the same time flooding the cylinder with raw unburned fuel. When doing this your just wetting down the cylinder, piston & sparkplug with fuel and that fuel will lay there till the next time you go to start the engine. When you go to start the engine your pumping in more fuel along with the fuel thats already sitting there.
In the old days that was a comman thing to prime the motor that way but with the new carbs thats the wrong thing to do, your not priming your flooding.
Are your plugs black with soot, or are they wet fouled?

[ May 08, 2002: Message edited by: MXOldtimer ]

• Fryboy

Posted May 08, 2002 - 08:14 PM

Ever heard of the phenomenon - Karma ?

• Bill

Posted May 09, 2002 - 01:30 AM

MxOldTimer, has an excellent point. Also you may want to consider float height and I always (at the end of the day) ride my bike onto the trailer or into the shop, shut the fuel off and let the motor idle until the bike runs out of fuel.

My 14 year old 120 son can start my 400, no problem. If the bike is operating properly, this should be the case.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yznvegas

Posted May 09, 2002 - 05:21 AM

Bill, when you shut your bike off and let it run out of fuel by idling, doesn't this create a lean condition and possibly subsequent engine damage? I am probably way off base here but with my old 2-strokes I was told never to let it run out of gas for fear of a lean seizure. :)

• Shawn_Mc

Posted May 09, 2002 - 08:14 AM

A lean siezure isnt really an issue unless a load is applied. Running across the desert wide open in fifth and then running out of gas, ya thats a lean siezure waiting to happen. Kenny Roberts Jr. knows about lean siezures too. He got tossed on his head at 190 during a test a couple years back.

• MXOldtimer

Posted May 09, 2002 - 08:31 AM

Originally posted by yznvegas:
I am probably way off base here but with my old 2-strokes I was told never to let it run out of gas for fear of a lean seizure. :)

2 Smokes need oil in the gas to lube the crank & cylinder. So what you were told was correct, when running out of gas you also start running hotter (more air less fuel) plus running out of lube causing a dry cylinder.

• Mike_Nyquist

Posted May 09, 2002 - 09:24 PM

Who ever tried to blame my plugs fouling because I ruvved the motor before hitting the kill switch,come on, I didn't pin the motor and simotaneously push the kill switch. I just ruvved the motor, leter the rpms come back down to a idle for a second, then shut the bike off. I'm telling you, it's not me, it's the bike. I am not the first person to have a 2002 foul plugs like crazy.

• Mike_Nyquist

Posted May 09, 2002 - 09:29 PM

Bill, I am glad that your 14 year old can start your 400, the thing is bill you can't start a bike when the plug is fouled. When I have a new plug in my bike I can start it on the first or second kick, then after i ride it for an hour, park it, the plug is fouled.

• John_Lorenz

Posted May 09, 2002 - 09:31 PM

I agree thats bogus

Look for the Bluewire Mod, this is supposed to fix this.. Motoman393 has a web site
Look under tech articles and yz stat easier
Go chk it out and look at the blue wire mod. Its stated that the mod is a Yamaha in the know fix from the Factory Ahhh who knows.......
But some swear by it

Gad you bunch of Arm Chair Quarterbacks

I just went through some of these replys

Man I am surprized no one offered to do an exorcists or ask a vodoo preast to sprinkle chiken blood.

Man this place can just go aver board sometimes

[ May 09, 2002: Message edited by: EgoAhole ]

• 4:20six

Posted May 09, 2002 - 09:38 PM

Yo Mike:

#1. I love my 426

#2. Maybe you should buy a honda(teehee)But you will still foul plugs, if it's not jetted right.

#3. Even a $6000 bike needs to be jetted for altitude.

#4. You are obviously VERY inexperienced, maybe a nice little 125 would suit you better.

#5. You need to calm down, go take a bong rip or something!

#6. You sound like a jack-asz

#7. and finally...haha my bike starts on the first kick every time, second kick after a crash. I can even start the thing in flip flops, it's sooo easy.

P.S. Maybe you should look into buying a Quad with electric start. HARDEE HAR HAR

• Mike_Nyquist

Posted May 09, 2002 - 09:39 PM

I have already done the blue wire mod, it didn't work.

• Mike_Nyquist

Posted May 09, 2002 - 09:42 PM

Look you pot smokin hippy,

I have started my bike in flip flops, I hate 4 wheelers, no other 2002 426 around here has had to be jetted so why should mine have to be.

• Shawn_Mc

Posted May 09, 2002 - 11:15 AM

If the thing will run for half an hour then foul the plug, it HAS

Related Content

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.