Lowering a 98 wr 400

1 reply to this topic
  • bake

Posted April 07, 2004 - 06:51 PM

Hate to bring up this subject again but I really need some info on lowering this bike. So far I have slid the forks up in the tripple trees, set the sag and know I can shave the seat but it's still to tall.

Help
bake

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted April 10, 2004 - 06:20 PM

I run a 5.8 KG rear spring from Race Tech with almost no preload. The bike sits with a 37" seat height down 2" from stock yet when you get on the bike my ride height clearance under the bike is the same as a preloaded stock spring set to 4" of sag. It is a great trick that works very well. Get a heavier spring that is on the heavy side for your ride weight and you will be satisfied with the results. You can now touch down on nasty technical sections where I coud not with the stock set up.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.