'99 WR400F Fouling Plugs

1 reply to this topic
  • dragon174

Posted April 07, 2004 - 01:39 PM

I just picked up a '99 WR400F last week. I took it to northern Michigan this past weekend to go riding, but it kept fouling plugs. Does anyone know what might cause this?

The bike has a White Brothers E-exhaust (full system). Is there a spark plug that is better to run than the NGK that is recommended? Could it be because I was only running 91 Octane gas?

Please help. I went through 4 plugs in two days. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MN_Kevin

Posted April 07, 2004 - 02:41 PM

if your carb's jetting is stock, it sucks and accelerator pump sucks too. I would start here.

Pull the carb apart, and RECORD all your jetting specs [main jet, pilot jet, needle jet & clip position, main air jet, pilot air jet, air cut valve still installed(?)]

After you get all that, post it here and we can move forward! :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.