Help with universal brake light switch

4 replies to this topic
  • kolarchi

Posted April 06, 2004 - 07:07 PM

I am trying to install a spring universal brake light switch on my WR400 and have no idea what I am doing.
Can anyone help me out with some advice?

• DOGBITE

Posted April 07, 2004 - 07:58 AM

I am trying to install a spring universal brake light switch on my WR400 and have no idea what I am doing.
Can anyone help me out with some advice?

I'm not sure if it will work on yours ,but I used a hydraulic brake light switch. Good luck with the spring type ,there is no good way and you will break it first ride. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WR_Hoss

Posted April 07, 2004 - 10:36 AM

I just installed a hydraulic brake switch yesterday on my 450. It took about 20 minutes and cost 16.95. You just screw it in in place of your banjo bolt. I tied into the wires under the seat - connect one to the blue, one to the yellow. Worked great for me. The stock bulb is dual filament. I wouldn't mess with the spring unit as easy/cheap as the hydraulic is.

• RichBaker

Posted April 07, 2004 - 10:59 AM

I used safety wire to attach it to the frame, and to the brake pedal. Drilled a hole for the wire in the pedal arm and it was good to go....
Wiring it is easy, I used the battery + for hot, and ran the other wire to the bulb...be sure to fuse it if you do this! That way, the brake light works whether the engine's running or not......

• stevedon

Posted April 10, 2004 - 08:44 PM

ive also fitted a hydralic switch is so much easier and its mainainence free

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.