On/Off switch and YZ number plate

3 replies to this topic
  • AkRider

Posted April 06, 2004 - 06:36 PM

I used the search mode but did not find much info on where to relocate the On/Off switch to. The plate fits fine with a little modification but I am not sure where to put the switch. Thanks :)

• dubious

Posted April 06, 2004 - 07:46 PM

I modified the braket and put the on/off switch on my acerbis hand gaurd mount.
I drilled and tapped a hole in the hand guard mount , and bolted my swtch on there!
I straightened out the angle in the braket on my vice, drilled a new hole in it and ground off the excess metal.
Make sure you position it so roost or looping out won't wreck your switch!
The switch braket is available as a separate piece from Yamaha, if you ever decide to go back to stock. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • weemer

Posted April 07, 2004 - 02:47 AM

I just used the bracket it is mounted on, and mounted it on one of the rear handle bar bolts.

• AkRider

Posted April 07, 2004 - 07:31 PM

Thanks, that worked pretty well. I had to file the bracket a bit but it looks good and is out of the way. Once the bar pad was on it almost looks like it could be stock. :)

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.