Anyone else using Race Tech as their suspension company?

5 replies to this topic

Posted April 06, 2004 - 02:13 PM

I decided a while ago to go for it and get my suspension set up for my weight and riding style. I chose Race Tech. Got the heavier springs and gold valves, had them totally rebuild both forks and shock.

Haven't been able to ride the bike due to the white stuff still being on the ground here.

Just wanted to know what your experiences/opinions were and how much better the suspension works after such an expensive service.

• KentuckyWR

Posted April 07, 2004 - 04:37 AM

Just ordered some Gold Valves and plan on working with my dealer to get them set up correctly. Will let you know how they work sometime next week! :)

• msgbean

Posted April 07, 2004 - 12:00 PM

Done mine myself last year. Best thing I've done to my bike. Now I don't bottom out anymore.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ogrebelle

Posted April 07, 2004 - 12:12 PM

How difficult was it (if at all) to get them setup properly once you installed them?

• Desracer

Posted April 07, 2004 - 08:02 PM

I have used gold valves and delta valves plus their springs. I have found them to be very good. Take some time to turn the clickers to see if you can find the magic settings and enjoy.

• msgbean

Posted April 08, 2004 - 12:52 PM

Ogre I was happy with the settings that Race Tech gave me. I have adjusted the clickers a few clicks depending on the ride but that is it.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.