ooops rode a 250F tonight

26 replies to this topic
  • MotoGreg

Posted May 02, 2002 - 03:05 PM

Wow, this is timely...

I just saw in the bookstore today the new issue of Cycle World magazine. Jimmy Lewis wrote a story about comparing the best 125 class bike (250F), the best 250 (YZ250) and the best four stroke (CRF450).

They said the 250F was the funnest bike to ride so if you're just riding for the fun of it and not racing then that's the way to go. As far as racing they said at the pro level the YZ250 has a slight advantage over the CRF. There were many downsides to the YZ250 however... harsh suspension, more tiring to ride and a lot more skill required to go fast on it compared to the CRF. They ended up picking the CRF best all around. It's a really good story, informative, objective, and not biased... typical Jimmy Lewis.

• rmarion

Posted May 02, 2002 - 03:09 PM

Originally posted by MotoGreg:
Wow, this is timely...

I just saw in the bookstore today the new issue of Cycle World magazine. Jimmy Lewis wrote a story about comparing the best 125 class bike (250F), the best 250 (YZ250) and the best four stroke (CRF450).

They said the 250F was the funnest bike to ride so if you're just riding for the fun of it and not racing then that's the way to go. As far as racing they said at the pro level the YZ250 has a slight advantage over the CRF. There were many downsides to the YZ250 however... harsh suspension, more tiring to ride and a lot more skill required to go fast on it compared to the CRF. They ended up picking the CRF best all around. It's a really good story, informative, objective, and not biased... typical Jimmy Lewis.

CYCLE WORLD SUXS!

Damn rag, know EVERYONE knows about the 250F :)

ITS ALL A LIE!!!!!

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted May 02, 2002 - 03:12 PM

Hey yzboy.........
where do you live?
Are you going to Cherry creek on the 11th?
what is your usra #??
see ya there ?
13H
chris
yella 400f
:)
I will be near Dustin Headman and crew
gold expedition

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • h_bomb

Posted May 02, 2002 - 04:08 PM

If they shave 40lbs on it it would be competitive.

• h_bomb

Posted May 02, 2002 - 04:12 PM

The yz 250 has way more grunt then the 250f.This is for the guys 3 replies back.

• h_bomb

Posted May 02, 2002 - 04:22 PM

The cr250 is the best 2 stroke for 2002 its the lightest most reliable starts first kick,no cheap stuff on this bike all top notch it lacks a tiny bit of bottom but the V-FORCE makes up that.Will at last any 2 smoke,best suspension to,you cant beat a honda just the facts.If you disagree you havent owned a honda.

• HondaMan

Posted May 02, 2002 - 06:21 PM

I agree with H Bomb that the CR 250 for 2002 is
the Best and Lightest motocross bike out there.
Also has the Best stock suspension too.
My buddy had the 2002 yzf yamaha and could not
adapt to it..went back to the 2 smoke CR. He
thought the yzf was too heavy, and just not as
much FUN as the lighter CR. Another buddy just got his new Honda 450F and has adapted easily to
it from his CR250. Mostly cause it is so light
and user friendly!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.