Huge A** Calves and Boots to fit

9 replies to this topic
  • rvanliere

Posted April 29, 2002 - 05:58 PM

Anybody know what the best pair of boots are for a guy with huge Calves . I have almost a 20" calf and need good protection . I'll pay Top Dollar for the best If they fit . I just purchased the Alpinestar Vectors and they will work but they Dont feel Like a Motorcross Boot ( they feel Bulky ). I Dont want to Wear them on the track until I know that I have the right boot. Last year I wore the Thor T-20 , They fit but you get what you pay for ( $116 ) and very little protection . Please Help !

• freestyle111

Posted April 29, 2002 - 08:53 PM

i have big calves and wide feet.after years of suffering and searching for a pair of boots that actually fit without causing me pain.about 4 months ago i finally found a comfortable boot. FOX "forma comp".you should check them out.they arent made for guys with small feet and chicken legs like alpinestar boots.

• thumper4life

Posted April 30, 2002 - 05:06 AM

wow, i never thought ANYONE would have as big of calves as me...i have 19 and 1/2" calves and the boot of choice for me was the alpinestar tech 8 with the extended straps that alpinestars will give you if a dealer gets them for you. they are the worst boot in the world for the first few rides, but after they get broken in and you can feel.....they are THE BEST!

my next boot is probably going to be the it easy or difficult to get the top strap strapped? :)

• freestyle111

Posted April 30, 2002 - 07:00 AM

there is no doubt alpinestar tech8's are best quality mxboot on the market.but i dont care how good the quality of boot if it doesnt fit properly its not worth sacrificing safety and comfort.ive owned a pair of tech 8's and extension will help with fitting around calves but tech 8's still have very narrow ankle area that might cause rvanliere some bet is to go around and try on as many different kind of boots as you forma comp's are very well made and have the best strap locking system on market.the one complaint i have with them is the thread on sole isnt aggressive enough.tread feels good on pegs when your riding,but they dont get very good traction when you have to walk on slippery surface.

• yamaha.dude

Posted April 30, 2002 - 11:55 AM

I have AlpineStar Tech 6's, and find them comfy, but them I only have 18 1/2 " calves...

I hear the Sidi boots have a replaceable or modular calf fitting system. I am sure they are good quality, but cannot speak from personal experience.

Just another lead to check out in your search...

Good luck,

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rvanliere

Posted April 30, 2002 - 01:51 PM

I talked to MotoNation today and The salesman told me that he wouldnt send me the Sidi boots that they have right now ( they would not fit my 20" calves ) he did not want me to get a bad Impression on his boots . He also told me a bout a new boot coming out that is called the vector . It will be ready to ship in about a week and a half . It is made to go to 22" in the calf . Check out the picture of the top of this boot . I think this boot may solve my problem.

[ April 30, 2002: Message edited by: rvanliere ]

• rvanliere

Posted April 30, 2002 - 02:19 PM

• thumper4life

Posted May 01, 2002 - 05:17 AM

vector or vortex

• rvanliere

Posted May 01, 2002 - 07:06 AM

I feel like an Idiot , I meant to say Vortex,

• thumper4life

Posted May 01, 2002 - 10:46 AM

if those Sidi's are MEANT to goto 22 inches like you say, those could be my next boots then. my tech 8's certainly aren't meant to fit my calves that's for sure, the velcro only goes on about 1/4 to 1/2" and the top calf strap (extended) is on the last clicker :)

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.