Street legal kit - 650R

3 replies to this topic
  • redmanrandyed

Posted April 06, 2004 - 03:51 AM

I have been looking into making my BRP street legal. Rocky Mountain sells a kit for 200 bucks. All that is included in the kit is a horn, mirror, and a brake light. I can't see spending that much for these items.
Anyone know where I can get these items for cheaper, possibly seperately and not in a "kit".

Thanks

Redmanrandyed

• irondude

Posted April 06, 2004 - 03:54 AM

Baja Designs will sell ya select parts.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • stonewall

Posted April 06, 2004 - 04:02 AM

Try Here

• Winkel

Posted April 06, 2004 - 05:33 PM

Redman,
I JUST got my XR650R licensed in Illinois last Friday. I didn't buy a kit, but did it all myself. I plan on rewinding the stator in the next couple of months to give it a little more juice. I don't know the requirement in Utah, but I bought two of the hydraulic switches out of Dennis Kirk, a horn on e-bay, and a POS mirror that I plan to replace. For the rear light, I bought a DOT tail light/ brake light at Walmart for eight bucks, and made a mounting plate out of stainless plate. I've been playing with different combinations for a few months, and what I have now will work for a few months. When I hit the brake, the headlight does dim a little, but as stated earlier, I plan on a stator upgrade. In an earlier post someone mentioned buying a dual element 25w/25w HL bulb, and soldering the two nubs together. He said it was an A3603 (I think) bulb. Again, that will require a little more amperage, and it won't give you a high beam, but will give you two elements and a little bit of redundancy in case you lose one. I will try to post some pictures in a couple of days. In all, I probably spent a hundred bucks. Also, I connected the taillight assembly with a trailer harness, and have it attached to the back fender with a couple of carriage bolts and wing nuts. I can take it off in about two minutes.

Good Luck!
Gary :) :D

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies
Forums
Photo

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  158 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.