Ceramic Coated Header Question

5 replies to this topic
  • jazzeyb

Posted April 05, 2004 - 05:06 PM

Any of you guys that have sprayed your headers with the ceramic coating....
(After the ceramic application)
Can you touch the header pipe after the engine has been running for a while without your skin turning white or sticking to the header. ?? ... Just wondering how cool the exterior of the pipe was after the application.....

• jaybert600

Posted April 06, 2004 - 05:16 AM

It's much cooler than stock, but I wouldn't touch it while its running.

• cat0020

Posted April 06, 2004 - 06:27 AM

Why would you ever want to touch the headers while the engine is running?
I found that the heat insulating wrap is much cheaper and less time comsuming than ceramic coating the headers, and you get decent heat protection from the wraps that you won't melt your clothes if you have them rested against the pipes for a little amount of time.
Heat wrap
Sure the heat wrap may not be the best thing for the life of the headers, but on the other hand, I'm not running the bike a 6000 rpm for hours on in, I just don't want to burn myself or my clothing against the hot pipes.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • qadsan

Posted April 06, 2004 - 06:36 AM

Somebody should make an outback cooking option for our bikes. It would just need to be a clamp on model that clamps to the header and provides a small low profile skillet so you can fry an egg or two and maybe a little bacon. OK, time for some creative work & I'm off to patent office :)

• Rokatt88

Posted April 06, 2004 - 06:56 AM

Somebody should make an outback cooking option for our bikes. It would just need to be a clamp on model that clamps to the header and provides a small low profile skillet so you can fry an egg or two and maybe a little bacon. OK, time for some creative work & I'm off to patent office :)

Hmmm...it's either too much medication or not enough...Nurse??? :D :D :D :D

• qadsan

Posted April 06, 2004 - 08:31 AM

I'll vote for too much medication :)

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.