What's bent???

6 replies to this topic
  • Fly-nBri

Posted April 05, 2004 - 12:56 PM

I took a little spill yesterday while riding on the right side of my bike. It first appeared that the bars had bent so I took everything apart this afternoon and now I'm not so sure that it isn't something else.

The front tire looks off camber when eye-balling it to the triple clamp. Is there a better method to determine what is bent or whats not lining up?
Is it possible I bent one of the front forks? :D
Let me know if I need to give you guys anymore info.
HELP PLEASE!!! :)
Thanks in advance.

• 426F

Posted April 05, 2004 - 01:01 PM

Loosen the tipple clamps and hold the front tire between your legs and straighten it out twisting on the handlebars.

• endurodog

Posted April 05, 2004 - 01:32 PM

You probably just twisted the forks in the triple clamps. Pretty common problem. Like the last poster said loosen your triple clamp bolts and pull it back in line. When I'm on the trail I kick the front wheel to get it back in line. Some people bang it hard against a tree. There is no damage there just things out of alignment.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • gonzo

Posted April 05, 2004 - 02:10 PM

You may have bent your triple clamps. I did it about a month ago. Try taking everything off and reinstalling it. If that doesnt work then you probably bent your clamps.

• Fly-nBri

Posted April 05, 2004 - 04:54 PM

You guys rock! :D
Thanks for the suggestions! I will check it out first thing after work tomorrow. I hope it's what your telling me. :D
I'll let you know how it goes after I do some aligning. :)

• Fly-nBri

Posted April 07, 2004 - 02:42 AM

Whew! That's what it was. The old fork twisted in the clamps routine. Thanks a lot guys.....I was sweating it. Now it just gives me a chance to put on a new front fender and some new grips! :)
You guys rock as usual!! :D

• 426F

Posted April 07, 2004 - 05:40 AM

I'm glad you got it figured out. Trust me I have been there more the 1 or 2 times.

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.