Coil on plug experience.

25 replies to this topic
  • mike_dean

Posted May 08, 2002 - 06:36 AM

Ego- neatness, easy acess to shock adj., lighter, hotter spark, can't think of any thing else, but the Yamaha factory team uses it. I have organized a kit of Ford parts for a very clean install, PM me if you are interested. Mike

• John_Lorenz

Posted May 08, 2002 - 07:09 AM

Why dont you just post the info ?

Lighter = what 3 oz's :)

[ May 08, 2002: Message edited by: EgoAhole ]

• Ga426owner

Posted May 08, 2002 - 07:47 AM

Please post the info: This is not some top secret. I would be willing to purchase if someone is making a "kit", but prefer to make myself.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mike_dean

Posted May 08, 2002 - 09:00 PM

'99 continental coil, wire harness from same car, cut plug boot off of stock coil wire, remove boot from ford coil, cut contact in half on ford coil, install stock boot on ford coil, grd neg. side of coil and blk wire on bike to suitable grd on frame, connect pos. side of coil to other wire on bike harness, install screw-on top on the original spark plug, route wiring and cover with convolute tubing to protect from chaffing, insulate coil with foam to protect from vibration. I will sell the kit, including pictures and detailed instructions, like I said for $80 shipping included in US. mike

[ May 08, 2002: Message edited by: mike dean ]

• PMK

Posted May 08, 2002 - 04:19 PM

Wondering if anyone has contacted a cycle recycler for the cost of used GSXR coils and connecters.
If anyone is interested I'll try to borrow a digital camera and take a photo of the GSXR coil on my 426 with the tank off.
I suspect these will be on the 03.

• Fastest1

Posted June 06, 2002 - 01:13 PM

P.S. Today I bought a Busa coil for $37.50. It fits like a glove. It does take some patience to get in the hole LOL. I dont have the plug to connect it up yet but one thing at a time. So far the rubber bushing to seal out water fits perfect and the length is correct. I will get part# and list it later. Cya :)

Related Content

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.