Need a New E-Start switch

6 replies to this topic
  • Treebark

Posted April 05, 2004 - 11:27 AM

I drop my bike on the trails and somehow the inner parts of the switch popped out need a new one.

• DOGBITE

Posted April 05, 2004 - 12:12 PM

Just replace with your kill switch until you get a new one ,they're the same. :)

• mtrablue

Posted April 05, 2004 - 01:21 PM

the yamaha button is over priced. all because of the plug. get a yamaha copy at half the price and put the plug on it. it's amazing how many people this has happened to and it's always the e-start button.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BEAN329

Posted April 10, 2004 - 06:46 PM

ditto

• Indy_WR450

Posted April 11, 2004 - 02:22 AM

Do not replace it with a stock button. Buy two bigger kill switch buttons and put them on and replace the cheap Yamaha rinky dink buttons. My both popped out after a year fo use. I also considered buying a KTM switch assembly with starter and kill on the same assembly but it gets in the way of the Yamaha brake master. :)

• mparrish

Posted May 20, 2004 - 06:11 PM

Where do you get a yamaha copy? My kill button came apart on the trail some where tonight. I only have 88 miles on it.

• Indy_WR450

Posted May 21, 2004 - 02:30 AM

Just go down to your dealer and for $12 bucks you can get the large kill button that is about 3 times larger. Leave your existing plugs and splice the new wires and solder. Electrical tape completes the conversion. I have two big kill buttons one for E-Start and one for the Kill. :thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.