VALVE ADJUSTMENT - done... thank u all

1 reply to this topic
  • gal

Posted April 29, 2002 - 02:45 AM

ok , so i finally did it and it and the bike started on first kick ...
im so happy thank u guys for the help , i would never do it without u .
a few prob. that i met:
1. i couldnt use the torque wrench on one of the bolts of the intake camshaft, so i used regular wrench with caution.
2. i ruined the screwing of the decompression shaft (number 13 in the partsfish), think ill put hellicoil ...
3. when i took off the decompession shaft i didnt c any oil seal/gasket , is it ok ?

and once again thank u all and next week ill do my friends wr400 1999 valves...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • sirthumpalot

Posted May 02, 2002 - 01:36 AM

Congrats! I'm not sure about the decomp shaft, I haven't looked but I would expect there to be an oring or something. The manual should have a picture of the parts. It sounds like the seal stayed inside the head, which is probably OK. Hopefully someone who has had this apart before can chime in and give some advice.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.