`00 WR 400 for sale on E-bay, I'm in love

14 replies to this topic
  • Ward

Posted May 18, 2001 - 03:42 AM

It started at $1,000 and at the time of this posting its $3050 with 6 days to go. I’m curious what the final price will be. One nice bike, I'm tempted to buy it and have it shipped to me.
Item #590504952

"Here is my 00 WR400F, I bought this bike new, and have loved riding it. Financial problems force sale. I have done extensive upgrades to the bike. Here goes: YZ tank and seat, YZ fenders, Renthal chain and sprockets( O-ring chain), Michelin S-12 front tire, Michelin M-12 rear tire, White Bros E-series S- bend muffler, White Bros Works headpipe, Twin Air filter, Acerbis headlight, Acerbis front disc guard, New brake pads front and rear, new chain rollers, Devol Radiator guards, Works connection radiator braces, Scotts triple clamp and steering damper,Pro taper bars, Renthal grips, Acerbis Pro Rally handguards, GYT-R compression release lever, Trail Tech computer and speedo, Reworked forks, Acerbis gripper seat cover, and graphics, Factory effex fender graphics, Factory Excel rims. I have most stock parts yet, which I will include. You will not be unhappy with this purchase."

• MN_Kevin

Posted May 18, 2001 - 04:02 AM

was it the bike or accessories that "Broke the Bank"?

------------------
'99 WZ with ALL YZ mods, de-octopused, DSP Doug Henry airbox w/ velocity stack, FMF PowerBomb header, Stroker SX-1 silencer, SS front brake line, forked over by Pro-Action (and then fixed by me), OEM YZ tank, IMS YZ seat, carb mods by Jim Dean, Andy in OZ, & Sir "Taffy" from Jolly Old England, AMA, NESC.

• Ward

Posted May 18, 2001 - 04:26 AM

I would say accessories or an expensive divorce due to accessories.
Poor guy must be sick for having to sell it.

• Dave_VanBrocklin

Posted May 18, 2001 - 12:09 PM

Yes, I am sick for having to sell it, That's right, I have to sell my baby. No, it's not a divorce, and it's not that I broke the bank. I just have some other things I have to take care of this year. I will buy another bike next year, I would deal with anybody that's interested though. By teh way, I have a ZRX 1100, and a Yamaha quad(Warrior) for sale also. If you know anybody that's interested let me know.

------------------
00 WZ400
01 Yamaha Raptor
99 Kawasaki ZRX1100
99 Yamaha Warrior

• tripm

Posted May 20, 2001 - 02:29 AM

Dave, Where are you located?

Mark

• Dave_VanBrocklin

Posted May 20, 2001 - 09:31 PM

I live in WI, near Madison.

------------------
00 WZ400
01 Yamaha Raptor
99 Kawasaki ZRX1100
99 Yamaha Warrior

• ecarlson

Posted May 20, 2001 - 10:06 AM

Sorry to hear you are selling the bike Dave. I was looking forward to blasting through Ottowa with you. If ebay doesn't work out, email me your asking price and I will spread the word, then and in the mean time. Good luck!

[This message has been edited by ecarlson (edited 05-20-2001).]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dave_VanBrocklin

Posted May 20, 2001 - 03:04 PM

Hey ecarlson,
Just a small bump in the road, I will be buying another one this fall, or next spring. I have a couple bikes I can borrow till then, so I'll keep in touch.You never know, the reserve might not be met, and I'll decide to keep it. Thanks for the concern.
Dave

------------------
00 WZ400
01 Yamaha Raptor
99 Kawasaki ZRX1100
99 Yamaha Warrior

• MN_Kevin

Posted May 20, 2001 - 03:45 PM

Dave,
I sold my Ninja with full intention of replacing it. Kind of like you, I find I cannot afford to do this. There are other things I could/should buy with the cash. For now, I'll let Charles Schwab hold onto it for me...

• Dave_VanBrocklin

Posted May 21, 2001 - 03:39 PM

Well guys, she's sold, I let it go for 4500.00 dollars. I will miss it. I will keep up on the forum though. I WILL be getting a new bike in the spring of next year, I wonder what will be out then????
See ya
Dave

------------------
00 WZ400
01 Yamaha Raptor
99 Kawasaki ZRX1100
99 Yamaha Warrior

• Ron_in_SoCal

Posted May 22, 2001 - 06:16 AM

Dave,

Sorry about having to sell such a nice bike and I hope you are able to get back into it soon.

I have some questions for you -

How was your experience with selling on e-bay?

Where you satisfied with the way it worked out?

How do you handle shipping to the bid winner?

The reason I am asking is that I have been considering selling a bike (not my WR, but a '97 XR400) on e-bay but I'm a little hesitant. I could just stick it in a local newspaper style publication like the Motorcycle Trader, but then I would miss all the fun of the bidding process.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

PS: Anyone want a good deal on a clean XR?

• Dave_VanBrocklin

Posted May 22, 2001 - 01:06 PM

Hi Ron,
I have sold quite a bit on E Bay and have no problems at all. I leave it up to the buyer to handle shipping, I will deliver a short distance, but for the most part the buyer handles that part. I am confident in selling anything on E Bay. I have sold snowmobiles, dirt bikes and 4 wheelers on E Bay, and gotten higher prices than I would have gotten out of the paper. Give it a try.

------------------
00 WZ400
01 Yamaha Raptor
99 Kawasaki ZRX1100
99 Yamaha Warrior

• Ron_in_SoCal

Posted May 22, 2001 - 01:33 PM

Thanks! I think I'll give it a try. I've purchased stuff before, but only when the seller was local.

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted May 22, 2001 - 01:53 PM

Wait a second Ron!! You're selling your XR? Your bike doesn't even run right now does it? It's my philosophy to keep one running bike at all times just in case you get that urge to up and go ride on a nice sunny day like today. :) Okay just kiddin, Had to through something in on the conversation since I saw you were reading.

------------------
Khris
When in doubt, GAS IT!
What are you, YELLOW?

• Ron_in_SoCal

Posted May 22, 2001 - 02:20 PM

Khris - your right, but compared to my WR the XR feels like a moped. Opps, I should not say that if I'm trying to sell it.

What I mean is it's too fast for me and way too clean to get dirty. Yeah, that's it…

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.