Diesel Oil

4 replies to this topic
  • T-Gore

Posted April 29, 2002 - 02:08 AM

Any thoughts on running diesel oil in my 01 426. I currently run Yamaha oil and was comparing them and other than price they are very similar.

• RichB

Posted April 29, 2002 - 03:46 AM

I've been running it for about 9 months per recommendation by another TT member as well as the much refered to Mike Guillory (sp) article.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yamaha.dude

Posted April 29, 2002 - 04:57 PM

I run Mobil Delvac 1 (the diesel equivalent of Mobil 1) in my petrol powered car - I feel it is better for extended interval changing, and for a number of other technical reasons.

As for a bike, well, as long as the viscosity range, the lack of friction modifiers and such criteria is met, then I see no problem. It may be overkill, there is little carbon and sulphur to catch in a WR/YZ motor, and the change frequency is much higher, but if it is cheaper, then why not?

Oil is a (in a sense) disposable commodity.

HTH

David

• jimt_yz400

Posted April 30, 2002 - 08:00 AM

I stopped running Mobil 1 and I now run Chevron 15w-40 in both 250F's. They actually shift better and I have gotten rid of the clutch grabbiness that they experienced with the Mobil 1. Also, it's only $1.65/qt (approx) at Costco.

• Oregon_Thumper

Posted April 30, 2002 - 08:22 AM

I run Torco T-4R synthetic blend. I use it because that is what we alway ran in our street bikes and it never failed use in those.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.