Stomp Design

3 replies to this topic
  • sixinchsloth

Posted April 05, 2004 - 08:48 AM

Anyone have experience with these bike gripping decals? Do they stay on your bike,or quickly peel off? I'm about to order them, just wanted some reviews first.
thanks guys
:)

• crayztwentyseven

Posted April 05, 2004 - 09:46 AM

I use StompGrip, I bought the set last august and the grips that are on my airbox have not peeled at all and they look like they are practically there to stay, with the set some others were to be placed on the frame. These are peeling off at the edges so I put safety wire around them and it has stopped them from peeling, I think that I may have not cleaned the frame rails well enough.

As for the performance, I love these :) and would recommend everyone usuing them. I can grip the bike like never before, now I do not have to always be holding so tight with my legs, in turn conserving more energy. :D I also noticed much better control in the whoops and jumps. These helped me become part of the bike and I really think you should try them.

If you do try them I would recommend wiring the top and bottom of the grip that is supposed to go on the frame, to prevent dirt getting in and slowly pelling them off. :D As for the grip that goes on the airbox I don't think mine will ever come off :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • sixinchsloth

Posted April 06, 2004 - 07:51 AM

OK you convinced me, thanks!

• gonzo

Posted April 06, 2004 - 12:35 PM

Oh yea the stuffs the bomb. I have it on both bikes. I haevnt had a problem with it coming off although the honda guys seem too. Just make sure you scuff the airbox when you put it on. Then use a hair dryer.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.