What stabilizer setting do you use?

4 replies to this topic
  • needsprayer

Posted April 05, 2004 - 08:32 AM

I have a GPR stabilizer adjusted to it's midpoint setting (3 on a 1-6 scale). This makes rocks, ruts and sandy areas (not sand washes) much easier to handle. I am going to try it in deep sand soon and was wondering how you guys adjust for that. Do you go full on (highest setting) or close to full on in deep sand washes?

• Old_Man_Time

Posted April 05, 2004 - 11:07 AM

I generally put it on 3 to 3.5 and leave it. In the sand I might go as high as 4.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • needsprayer

Posted April 05, 2004 - 01:40 PM

Thanks Old_Man_Time

I read somewhere that no one ever cranks a stabilizer up to the highest setting and I wanted to get some more feedback.

• JackAttack

Posted April 05, 2004 - 03:34 PM

I read somewhere that no-one ever cranks a stabilizer up to the highest setting

I crank mine up to the highest level occasionally especially in Mexico, as well as some long rides in sand washes. :) Don't be afraid to try it. Only problem is when I started to crank it up it tore the post(clamp-on) loose from the frame a few times. :D

It's great to practice with it cranked up in the tight stuff.......teaches you to use your feet more to turn. :D

• needsprayer

Posted April 05, 2004 - 04:52 PM

It's kind of hard to get a grip on the handlebars with your feet, especially when you're wearing boots. :)

Since riding with you I have been practicing steering more with the pegs.

Thanks for the warning about the clamp popping off. There is a deep sand wash out at Nomads Park and I will try the max setting.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.