YZ426 Cam Swap? Possible? Instructions?

6 replies to this topic
  • fergymoto

Posted April 05, 2004 - 07:09 AM

Hey guys, I got a few questions and I was hoping you'd be able to help. A friend of mine just got a 2001 YZ426, it's his first four stroke. I ahve heard about people running the 03 YZ450 cams in the 426 motors so that they can have automatic decrompression. How many of you have done this mod? What were the results? What parts and/or mods are required? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

• flyinguitars

Posted April 05, 2004 - 07:23 AM

It works. Do a search and check the HUGE thread at the top of this forum's first page.
You only have to use the exhaust cam and can swap for the 450.
I think hot cams also makes a decompression cam.
I (along with hundreds of others here) used the yz450 exhaust cam and lost my desire to buy a new bike :)

• Satch0922

Posted April 05, 2004 - 07:23 AM

Read the post at the top of the forum...it's all there. Yes it works!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • fergymoto

Posted April 05, 2004 - 07:26 AM

Oh my god thats so many pages... LOL

• fergymoto

Posted April 05, 2004 - 07:37 AM

Anyone know what page I would be able to find most of the info I need on? I'm skimming through but it's taking a while... lots of pages :)

• Satch0922

Posted April 05, 2004 - 07:44 AM

Cam Swap PDF

• fergymoto

Posted April 05, 2004 - 07:59 AM

Thanks!

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.