How do you figure out what Bar bend is comfortable ???

6 replies to this topic
  • xxx426

Posted April 04, 2004 - 05:15 PM

Hey YAll How do you Figure out what bar bend will fit you :)?? is there some rule of thumb ??I got to Ride Sat04/04/04 at the New Riding Club Just East of Stanton Tx,on I-20 It's called Out Back Adventure Track... GREAT Place I figure 1,000 acre's and a dry lake bed you can top out on ( I mean Gas IT!!!) its at least 3 miles long you gotta check this place out !!! if you live in West Tx, 432.756.3838 ROCK ON Y'ALL.... :D

• TimFurryBalls

Posted April 04, 2004 - 08:00 PM

Rule #1, try one and see if you like it! Rule #2, get someone's advice who rides at about the same level, or style as you, and try their bars out.

• BMC1

Posted April 04, 2004 - 09:24 PM

I read once to sit on the bike, close your eyes and reach out naturally and see how close you are to what you have and what feels natural. On the flip side of things, you may need to just try some different bends and see what happens. Being comfortable on the bike really makes riding faster easier. Good luck.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Hamish

Posted April 05, 2004 - 01:14 AM

Pastrana FS is good for tall riders, especially when used with adapters.

Hamish

• Yak

Posted April 05, 2004 - 05:21 AM

Most tall riders prefer a higher bend like the Jimmy Button or CR high Bend. Im short at 5'7". I like the McGrath bend.

• cowboyona426

Posted April 05, 2004 - 05:41 AM

I'm 6'2" and I use Pro Taper Henry bend bars with universal adapters that raise the bars 3/4", plus an 02 top triple that also raises the bars and moves them forward.

• yz007f

Posted April 07, 2004 - 05:25 PM

I'm 6'2 on a 03 450. I got a set of tapers with Doug henry bend and RG3 triple clamps, which alot of tall riders were talking about the D.H bend. I wouldn't ride with out them. I have tried TwinWalls with different bends and didn't like them. These are far the best for me. I only race MX if that makes a difference.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.