Is there a way to tell a Fastline brake line from a Galfer?

5 replies to this topic
  • cowboyona426

Posted April 04, 2004 - 04:51 PM


I bought a used CR style brake hose off Ebay (10 bucks!) and I was wondering if there is a way to tell if it's a Fastway or Galfer by looking at it, because I've heard of some of you recently having problems with the Galfer lines. I can get pics if need be, or click here

  • Eddie Sisneros

Posted April 04, 2004 - 04:54 PM


thats a fastline.

  • TimFurryBalls

Posted April 04, 2004 - 08:16 PM


If I had a microscope I'd tell ya if I could see "Galfer" molded on the little rubber sleeve. . . :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Matt96xr6

Posted April 05, 2004 - 05:24 AM


I have both here right now and the ends look like the Galfer from that picture. Yes galfer does come in colors!

The fastline uses a end like the factory lines. No pinched fittings there.

  • cowboyona426

Posted April 05, 2004 - 05:40 AM


If I had a microscope I'd tell ya if I could see "Galfer" molded on the little rubber sleeve. . . :)

TFB, I looked it over and didn't see any writing anywhere on it :D

  • TimFurryBalls

Posted April 05, 2004 - 10:20 AM


I've had Galfers before and on the rubber sleeve above the clear stainless stuff it says "Galfer" molded on. You may have a Fastline then. :)

Related Content


Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.