Check your throttle cables!!!!

7 replies to this topic
  • Satch0922

Posted April 04, 2004 - 03:42 PM

Just a friendly reminder to check your cables. I disassembled my carb today for a good cleaning and both my cables are fraying. I have not replaced thems ....they are original but a month ago I checked them and they were ok. When they go they GO!!

BTW the TT store has great prices on Motion Pro cables...got two on the way!!

• RacerDad

Posted April 04, 2004 - 07:22 PM

Thanks for sharing :)

• aford541

Posted April 05, 2004 - 08:02 PM

Did you go with motion pro? I hear they are slick.

Great advice.

• Jeffro426

Posted April 05, 2004 - 08:23 PM

Mine fray all the time...ive learned to live with it and replace the cables every 6 months...tried motion pro and terrycable and they still do it. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • fog527

Posted April 05, 2004 - 08:59 PM

i have had to replace mine regularly also...until you do the coil mod and get that out of the way... it makes for easier access to the carb /cable housing ,then you can lube /clean it more often.since I have done this no more frayed cables..it's just a good place for dust to get in and mix with lube...that's ugly right there i don't care who ya are.....that's on my 00 426 :)

• 426F

Posted April 06, 2004 - 01:13 AM

I just checked mine lastnight and they were both had broken housings where they go into the throttle tube. I am going to order motion pro's off TT to replace them!!

• PBDBLUE

Posted April 06, 2004 - 05:37 AM

I found the same thing recently on my 426. Checked the 400 I sold to a friend of mine and it was fine even though it has way more hours on it. Wonder what the difference is? They look very similar.

• 426F

Posted April 06, 2004 - 06:54 AM

I am not sure what caused them both to break. I did have a very hard spill a couple of weeks ago but I just bought the bike about a month ago and this is the first time that I have checked it so I might have gotten it this way.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.