New YELLOW tank for YZ426/400/250

14 replies to this topic
  • DR_Kenny

Posted April 27, 2002 - 10:19 AM

SoCal owners: want your bike to look as cool as this one?
Posted Image
I have a new yellow Clarke tank and SDG seat. Both are stock replacement sizes. I wanted to make them fit on my DRZ400, but backbone is too high :)
Posted Image
Also have petcock, gas cap, misc. Yamaha mounting hardware. Never used - in factory packages - just can't make it work on my DRZ.

If I can get ~3/4 of my money back, I'll be happy. Will take less on whole lot. Let me know if interested. I can post more detailed pix, if you like. Tank cost me $165, seat $89, hardware ~$50.

[ April 27, 2002: Message edited by: DR Kenny ]

• BigLou

Posted April 28, 2002 - 02:42 AM

Like this?

Posted Image

• Bill

Posted April 28, 2002 - 04:20 AM

BigLou,

That has to be one of the prettiest bikes (my new wallpaper) I've ever seen :) How would anodized forks and gold or black hubs look. Could that be the ultimate.........oh no, we'd have to add carbon fiber side cases. Then it would be perfect......but, what about black anodized billet triple clamps with a gold anodized steering stablizer, Yea, then it would be perfect.........

Bill

• BigLou

Posted April 28, 2002 - 06:32 AM

Didn't mean to hijack this thread! Bill-That picture doesn't do it justice. Email me and I'll send you some hi-res pics of this bike. This one isn't mine, but I did build it. Click the "2001YZ426F" in my sig line to see mine :) .Black powdercoated frame, polished exhaust, motor mounts, swingarm, etc. You should have seen the "Before" picture! The "Part 1" video shows the yellow bike in action in my sig line also.

Like I said, email me and I'll send you some great hi-quality pics of it if your interested.

Email here: biglou@dirtrider.net

[ April 28, 2002: Message edited by: BigLou ]

• bullitboy

Posted April 28, 2002 - 01:47 PM

I'll give ya $100 for the tank plus shipping. That's like 60% or something. OK. Let me know.

cmclark99@msn.com

• Thunder33

Posted April 29, 2002 - 08:14 AM

Hey, that bike looks darn familiar.

Hey Bill, the hubs are black, you just can't see them. I will be adding Black Pro Tapers this summer.

• Shawn_Mc

Posted April 29, 2002 - 08:26 AM

Big Lou, your bike is almost too pretty to ride!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BigLou

Posted April 29, 2002 - 09:01 PM

That's Thunder 33's bike. It is pretty! I almost cried the first time we got her dusty after the restoration! :)

• DR_Kenny

Posted April 29, 2002 - 06:45 PM

Gee Guys, maybe I should keep the seat and tank, but sell my DRZ - #33 looks NICE!

• Thunder33

Posted April 30, 2002 - 06:09 AM

I would highly recomend that!

• Shawn_Mc

Posted April 30, 2002 - 07:12 AM

You could keep your DR and get green Kawasuki plastic for it pretty soon :)

• DR_Kenny

Posted May 01, 2002 - 05:05 AM

DAMN! I already ordered the black_red stuff first :)

• Bill

Posted May 01, 2002 - 06:28 AM

BigLou,

How do you polish the swingarm? And thanks for the pics you sent.

Bill

• BigLou

Posted May 01, 2002 - 06:32 AM

Bill-We have some big,industrial polishers here at work. A couple twelve packs and I got many parts polished and powdercoated :) . There are other options out there. My friend Robert did a bunch of parts on his RM, but I'm not sure how. It was nothing elaborate,though, I know that much.

• Thunder33

Posted May 01, 2002 - 07:56 AM

They best way to do it yourself is to get some Mother's Aluminum polish and a buffer. Wet sand it with some very fine paper first if it is in real bad shape. Lot's of elbow grease and voila' it is shiney. I prefer giving it to Lou with a couple of six packs and seeing it a week later all shiny and happy.

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.